No products in the cart.
Hosted by Finn’s Dog Training
719 Mission Road
Harper’s Ferry, WV
This workshop is open only to Professional Dog Trainers. Working spots are limited and only one dog per handler is recommended for a working position.
A working position in this workshop is ideally suited for students who have worked with Robin in the past or individuals who have experience training with remote collars. Handlers attending a working spot that are new to Robin’s approach to collar use will advance according to the dog’s degree of readiness. Those dogs may not be able to participate in all aspects of the workshop, particularly directional work and the trained retrieve, however, specific exercises will be assigned that are suitable to the dog’s level of skill and comprehension.
Each dog/handler team will have time allotted to work on their individual goals, assess problem behaviors and outline the steps necessary for advancement. Dog/handler teams will also have opportunity to participate in group exercises throughout the 4 day event.
Lunch and snacks included for all 4 days.
Limited audit spots are also available.
Dog Friendly Hotel reservations:
Motel 6 (304-725-1403)
106 Jefferson Terrace Rd
Hosted by Finn’s Dog Training
Charles Town, WV 25212
REF ##M494400003 BEFORE Jan 30th
This workshop is geared toward individuals that have e-collar training experience. We will review foundation work as necessary but the following topics are intended:
- Pressure: When, Why and How. Understanding the difference between confusion and disobedience and the pivotal role it plays in deciding the course of action for successful training.
- Impulse control: Improve reliability by working duration, distraction and distance factors through various drives .
- Goal attainment: The importance of sequencing the training properly to facilitate understanding.
- Avoiding deflation: How to maintain flash and speed in performance while utilizing the e-collar.
- Whistle Sit & Directional work.
- Forced Retrieve: Critical foundation factors & Step progression for Hold & Carry.
- Behavior Cases: Other considerations including physical, nutrition, flooding (Pack work), counter-conditioning & desensitization.
Foundation Review Includes:
- E-collar Basics: Proper Fit, Various features, Safety concerns
- Using the leash, body language, lures and other tools to assist the dog in learning how to respond to e-collar pressure.
- Differences between confusion and disobedience and the pivotal role it plays in deciding the course of action for successful training.
- Three action introduction so the dog has comprehension of push, pull and stationary behavior when under e-collar pressure.
- Proofing reliability by applying the objectives of Duration, Distraction & Distance factors into the training.
- The importance of proper sequencing to aid the dog in a smoother and faster progression toward goals.
- How the e-collar fits into a program with other tools and techniques.
- Common problems and how to solve them.
- Avoiding collar wise training problems.
- Transitioning to complete off leash control.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.