No products in the cart.
Remote Collar Training Workshop – NJ
$275.00 – $375.00
May 4 & 5, 2018
E-collar Training Workshop – Midland Park, NJ
This workshop will give attendees a solid overview of Robin’s approach and philosophy of e-collar use and application. Handlers will actively participate with their dogs throughout the two days in a hands on format that maximizes the learning experience for both. Plus, they will have a significant amount of fun the entire time!
Attendees will learn e-collar applications for teaching the follow skill set: Recall, Loose lead walking, Place command, Sit/Stay, plus how to intervene in nuisance behaviors such as stopping jumping up, barking, digging or play-biting.
May 4th & 5th
Hosted by Babette Haggerty of Haggerty Dog Training
24 Central Avenue
Midland Park, NJ
This training workshop will give attendees a solid overview of Robin’s approach and philosophy of e-collar use and application. Handlers will actively participate with their dogs throughout the two days in a hands on format that maximizes the learning experience for both.
The following topics will be demonstrated and discussed:
- E-collar Basics: Proper Fit, Various features, Safety concerns
- Using the leash, body language, lures and other tools to assist the dog in learning how to respond to e-collar pressure
- How to better read the dog’s behavior so that dog handlers sharpen their skills on appropriate level selection.
- Understanding the difference between confusion and disobedience and the pivotal role it plays in deciding the course of action for successful training.
- Teaching the minimal 3 action introduction so the dog has comprehension of push, pull and stationary behavior when under e-collar pressure.
- How to begin proofing reliability by applying the objectives of Duration, Distraction & Distance factors into the training.
- The importance of proper sequencing to aid the dog in a smoother and faster progression toward goals.
- How the e-collar fits into a program with other tools and techniques.
- How to achieve not only a reliable outcome but one that does not deflate the dog nor diminish drive.
- The most common problems novice users experience and how to solve them.
- Avoiding collar wise training problems.
Dog training professionals, shelter and rescue staff, professional handlers, competitors and pet owners are welcome.
Dogs should be a minimum of 4.5 months old in order to participate. All breeds and behaviors are welcome. However, dogs with a history of aggressive behavior must be approved prior to registration. For any questions regarding the curriculum or appropriateness of a canine participant, contact Robin@RobinMacFarlane.com.
This workshop is hosted by Babette Haggerty of Haggerty Dog Training. Info@HaggertyDog.com or 201-444-9893
For dog friendly hotel accommodations contact the Hyatt Place at 201-475-3888. Group rate is $129.00 plus tax and a non-refundable $75.00 pet fee. Mention Robin MacFarlane seminar to get this rate.
Dog’s should be at least 4.5 months of age to participate.
Working Position (Bring your dog): $375.00. Enrollment limited to 12 working slots.
Audit (Observer Slot): $275.00
|Dates & Locations||
WORKING SLOT, AUDIT SLOT
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.