Join Robin for 3 days of training that will improve the relationship you have with your dog and allow you to have way more fun together!
At dog training camp you will learn how easy it can be to create a balanced life style with your dog.
Robin is a leading authority in the use of remote training collars. While attending camp you will be introduced to safe, humane and effective e-collar use. The training will help you gain confidence to have off leash control of your dog.
Off leash reliability = a happier dog and way more fun!
But, you will also participate in trick training, canine body conditioning, and agility exercises that provide mental stimulation for your dog plus build coordination and confidence. You will learn healthcare and nutrition tips that help create a healthier lifestyle for your dog.
At dog training camp you will improve your dog’s behavior, but you’ll also learn why your dog does what he does. Understanding how your dog thinks and learns makes you a better dog owner, and better trainer. Your dog will thank you for coming to Dog Training Camp!
All breeds are welcome. Dogs should be at least 5 months of age in order to participate. Camp is not for dogs with aggression issues or serious behavior problems.
Please contact us if you have questions about your dogs ability to attend camp.
What you will learn:
- Body language basics: Understanding what your dog is communicating to you, other people and other dogs.
- You will get an in-depth profile of your dog’s individual personality and learn how to best work with it, rather than against it!
- Introduction to E-collars: Understanding the equipment & starting out right.
- Training techniques for having a happy AND compliant dog.
- Three skills that every well behaved dog should know and how to teach them.
- When and how to use rewards and corrections effectively to create a balanced and respectful partnership.
- How to avoid mistakes in your training.
- Walking on a loose leash.
- Recall Training ( Come when called).
- Place or Go to your Bed.
- When and how to go off leash.
- Crate training and teaching your dog to be independent.
- Problem solving 101 (barking, jumping, play-biting, etc).
- Management protocols to implement right now so that your dog is no longer practicing behavior you don’t want.
- Nutrition and healthcare for a well behaved dog.
- Games and Tricks that are fun and improve your dogs ability to pay attention to you in any situation.
- Proper Socialization techniques to solve shyness and reactive behavior.
- A look at training tools. How various tools leverage your effectiveness and timing. And how to not create dependency on any particular tool.
Attendees must be over 12 years of age. Any handler under the age of 18 must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian. No prior dog training experience is not necessary.
One dog per handler. If you have two dogs you will need two handlers to attend. Same household, second handler for a single dog may attend for an additional fee.
This is an active, hands on workshop. Attendees should be in good physical shape, weather tolerant and able to walk on slightly uneven terrain.
If you do not have a remote collar for your dog, that is okay. Select the Dog/Handler plus E-collar option when registering and we will provide a new remote training collar appropriate for your dog.
Already have a remote collar but are not sure if it is a good choice for your dog? Just bring it with you and if we don’t feel it is the best option, we will provide you a loaner for the workshop and suggest options for purchase.
May 26 – 28, 2023. Register Now!
- Dog and Handler working spot $1195.00
- Additional Handler (family member) $175.00
- Dog/Handler plus E-collar $1425.00
- Audit $495.00
Accommodations not included.
A list of local accommodations will be supplied with registration.
- Date: May 26 – 28th, 2023
- Location: Earlville, IL hosted by A Whole New Dog
- Limited enrollment!! So you get the one to one attention needed to be successful.
- Lunch and Snacks included for all 3 days
- Fees are 100% refundable if cancellation is received by 04/13/23. 50% refundable if cancellation is received by 04/27/23. 25% refundable if cancellation is received by 05/17/23. No refunds will be given after 05/18/23. However you may elect to transfer your reservation to the next available Dog Camp date.
Come join us for three fun filled days of training your dog. Register Now!
Dog camp is an e-collar based training curriculum, with an emphasis on the whole dog. You won’t leave dependent on the tool, but you will hone your training skills so you can operate more effectively in real world settings. If you’re ready to have fun and build a better bond with your dog this is the perfect weekend for you. If you have been interested in getting your dog started on e-collar training and want to work with Robin to learn the best techniques, this is a great opportunity.
With emphasis on the whole dog, not only will you learn how to incorporate the e-collar into your training in a way that improves control and obedience, you will learn how to do it in a way that is also fun and engaging for your dog! Robin will help develop your leadership skills so you can communicate better with Fido whether you have the collar on or not. You’ll participate in a wide variety of activities and exercises that will help the shy dogs come out of their shell and help the more assertive dogs to have better impulse control.
Dog camp is specifically created for pet owners who want a fuller life with their dog. If you want an obedient dog who can travel with you and gracefully behave in public settings, this weekend is for you. If you want a dog who is more motivated to listen to you and one you can learn to trust off leash, this weekend is for you. If you want to understand your dog better and learn a few new tricks, this weekend is for you!
Bryon, MN November 18th – 20th.
Three FULL days of training and fun hosted by Leashes and Leads
Interested in hosting a Dog Camp in your area? Contact Robin@robinmacfarlane.com