Join Robin for 3 days of dog training that will bring you more joy and improve the the relationship you have with your canine companion. At dog camp you will learn the basics of obedience training and how easy it can be to create a balanced life style with your dog. You will get an in-depth profile of your dog’s individual personality and learn how to best work with it, rather than against it! Plus, you will learn a few games and fun tricks to help keep your dog mentally stimulated on those days when time is tight and you can’t get out for as much exercise as you would like. dog!
Robin is a leading e-collar training expert so this camp will also introduce you to safe, humane and effective remote collar use. Remote collar training will help you gain confidence to have off-leash control of your dog.
Off leash reliability = a happier dog and a more confident you!
You and Fido will also enjoy participating in trick training, canine body conditioning and agility exercises that build coordination, confidence and provide mental stimulation. You will learn about nutrition and go home with ideas on how to help your dog live a healthier lifestyle.
Not only will you improve your dog’s training, you’ll understand why your dog does what he does. Knowledge is power and by gaining valuable insight into how your dog thinks and perceives the world, you will become a better dog owner, a better trainer and ultimately enjoy a better relationship with your canine friend. Your dog will thank you for coming to Dog Camp!
Dog Camp happens once a year in Dubuque, IA. While training our dog you’ll also be enjoying this little gem of a city on the mighty Mississippi!
If joining us for the next Dog Camp does not work for your schedule, inquire about hosting a Dog Camp in your area!
Camp is not intended for dogs who have a serious history of aggression. If you have questions about whether or not camp is right for your dog please contact Robin.
Dog Camp topics Include:
- Body language basics: Understanding what your dog is communicating to you, other people and other dogs.
- Understanding Drives: Includes a drives assessment of your dog so you better understand the “why” behind certain behaviors and how to use these innate instincts to your advantage.
- Intro to E-collars: Understanding equipment & Getting started.
- Effective e-collar techniques that create a compliant AND happy dog.
- 3 Behavioral skills that every well behaved dog should know and how to teach them.
- When and how to use rewards and corrections effectively to create a balanced and respectful partnership.
- The critical aspect of timing and how to avoid mistakes in your training.
- Walking on a loose leash
- Recall Training (ie. Come when called)
- Place or Go to your Bed
- When and how to go off leash
- Problem solving 101 (barking, jumping, play-biting, etc)
- Management protocols to implement right now so that your dog is no longer practicing behavior you don’t want.
- Health and Nutrition and the role it has in having a well behaved dog
- Games and Tricks that are fun and improve your dogs ability to pay attention to you in any situation.
- Proper Socialization techniques to solve shyness and reactive behavior
- A look at training tools. How various tools leverage your effectiveness and timing. And how to not create dependency on any particular tool.
All attendees must be over the age of 18. No dog training experience is necessary, however, attendees must be in physical shape to be on their feet for a considerable part of each day.
Only one dog per handler allowed. Same household, second handlers for a single dog may attend for an additional fee. Contact Robin for details.
Dog and Handler $895.00 (includes a Dogtra e-collar)
Dog and Handler $695.00 (Handler has their own e-collar)
Audit $495.00 (attending without a dog)
Accommodations are not included in the cost of Dog Camp. A list of local hotels will be supplied with registration.
The next Dog Camp will be summer of 2022
Dog camp is an e-collar based training curriculum, with an emphasis on the whole dog. You won’t leave dependent on the tool, but you will hone your training skills so you can operate more effectively in real world settings. If you’re ready to have fun and build a better bond with your dog this is the perfect weekend for you. If you have been interested in getting your dog started on e-collar training and want to work with Robin to learn the best techniques, this is a great opportunity.
With emphasis on the whole dog, not only will you learn how to incorporate the e-collar into your training in a way that improves control and obedience, you will learn how to do it in a way that is also fun and engaging for your dog! Robin will help develop your leadership skills so you can communicate better with Fido whether you have the collar on or not. You’ll participate in a wide variety of activities and exercises that will help the shy dogs come out of their shell and help the more assertive dogs to have better impulse control.
Dog camp is specifically created for pet owners who want a fuller life with their dog. If you want an obedient dog who can travel with you and gracefully behave in public settings, this weekend is for you. If you want a dog who is more motivated to listen to you and one you can learn to trust off leash, this weekend is for you. If you want to understand your dog better and learn a few new tricks, this weekend is for you!
The Dubuque, IA camp is held in June. Three FULL days of training and fun!
If you are interested in hosting Dog Camp in your area, contact Robin@RobinMacFarlane.com for details.