No products in the cart.
Professional Dog Trainer Continuing Education
Robin’s Dog Trainer Professional Program is specifically designed for those interested in learning the art and science of remote collar dog training applications.
Since 2002, Robin’s E-cademy program has been teaching other professional dog trainers cutting edge techniques that provide practical solutions for today’s pet owner. She personally teaches a minimum of 85% of each curriculum, while her dedicated staff round out the remainder of the educational experience. Courses are held in Dubuque, Iowa at her training, daycare and boarding facility, That’s My Dog! Inc.
The E-cademy is split into 3, 5-day sessions; Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. Each curriculum is designed to effectively meet the needs of the participants by systematically building on the previous level of experience. The Beginner and Intermediate courses run consecutively and are immersion sessions in which students participate in some of the daily training at the That’s My Dog! facility. Immersion at TMD facilitates hands on learning with dogs of varying breed, age and temperament as well as witnessing real time progression through private lessons and group classes. This unique opportunity facilitates an individuals ability to maximize the experience and begin successfully implementing the newly acquired skills.
The Advanced session is only open to those who have successfully completed the previous courses and meet prerequisite requirements.
While studying with Robin you will:
- Practice skills and techniques while training a variety of dogs of varying dispositions.
- Participate in private and group lessons.
- Learn remote collar applications for every aspect of dog behavior including: Dominance aggression, fear issues, shyness and separation anxiety.
- Learn to utilize food, toys, and a variety of other tools in conjunction with this methodology.
- Examine the dog psychology and science behind why remote collar training works so efficiently.
- Unravel the secrets of timing, cadence and pressure and how they relate to motivating a dog to perform at a higher level or calm a dog to reduce anxiety and stress.
- Sharpen your eye for body language cues and learn how to utilize it to create faster rapport with canine and human alike.
- Learn the language of effective behavior evaluations to gain more insight to the dogs you will work with.
- Understand how various health issues and concerns can dramatically alter the outcome or success of training and rehabilitation efforts.
- Experience working with a pack environment to assist rehabilitation efforts with dog reactivity and aggression.
- Discuss networking and marketing ideas that can increase revenue.
- Discover coaching solutions that will assist your clients in having higher levels of success.
Plus much more… Please contact Robin@RobinMacFarlane.com for course curriculums or registration form.
Next E-cademy sessions are:
Beginner: May 15th – 19th, 2017, Intermediate: May 22nd – 26th, 2017
Advanced: August 21st – 25th, 2017
Beginner: Sept 25th – 29th, 2017, Intermediate: Oct 2nd – 6th, 2017
Advanced: October 23rd – 27th, 2017
Fees: Each 5-day course is $1995.00. However, the Beginner and Intermediate may be taken back to back for a combined fee of $3500.00
Graduates of the program have much to say about their time invested in this education. This is the most comprehensive E-training program available. Robin is a leading authority on the art and science of e-collar training. She has served as a consultant for all of the leading collar manufacturers, assisted ECMA and PETT in drafting national and international training guidelines and procedures, written for several trade journals, including Police K9 Magazine, helped numerous law enforcement agencies with e-training their detection and patrol dogs and currently has handlers and dogs on the Pentagon Police K9 team who have used her services to assist with training issues. All of this while successfully operating That’s My Dog! Inc which trains over 300 dogs annually at the Dubuque, IA facility.
The goal of the program is to give students the confidence and experience needed to implement new techniques and coaching tactics that will dramatically increase success and levels of satisfaction with their clientele.
See what other trainers and clients have to say about Robin’s coaching abilities on this testimonial page.
If you can’t travel to Iowa to study with Robin and would like to inquire about her teaching these skills at your location, please email Robin@RobinMacFarlane.com for more info.