Hundreds of professionals have enhanced their skills and learned how to better help their clients by attending Robin MacFarlane’s programs. Robin has a vast amount of knowledge and dog training experience gained over a 30+ year career. In 2002 she began offering workshops and E-cademy courses to professional dog trainers. Her expertise in the area of remote collar training is why so many pros from around the world choose to work with her.
This e-collar training course is both lecture and discussion, combined with hands on time practicing techniques and working with a variety of dogs.
Ideal candidates have a minimum of 2 years working as a dog trainer, assistant trainer, or other significant hands on exposure working with a variety of dogs on a routine basis. See what other trainers have to say about working with Robin.
- The history and notable trainers behind remote collar development.
- The science and psychology behind remote collar use and how to discuss them with your clients.
- Sequencing the training from green dog introduction to off leash ability.
- Adapting your application to the situation: routine obedience vs. aggressive behaviors vs. fear issues.
- Combining other tools with e-collar use.
- Using food, toys, and other motivators effectively in conjunction with e-collar pressure.
- How timing, cadence, and stimulation levels influence performance and how to use them effectively for the dog in front of you.
- Incorporating e-collar training with fearful or anxious dogs.
- Rapport building skills that make you a more effective instructor.
- Providing e-collar instruction for private and group lessons.
- Assessing the dogs and the humans you’re working with. Why reading one without the other will get you in trouble.
- Understanding basic health issues that impact the dog’s behavior.
- Using a pack to assist your rehabilitation efforts.
- Designing classes that are fun, challenging, and generate revenue.
- Adapting the sequence to fit board and train, private lesson, day-training or group class structures.
- Plus so much more!
The curriculum is designed for the pet dog training industry. Course material may be adapted to other areas of the dog training profession upon request.
Contact Robin for more information or to inquire about hosting a course at your facility.
2023 E-cademy Train the Trainer courses:
February 8th – 12th, Brooksville, Florida
May 17th – 21st, Indianapolis, IN